Welcome!

Welcome to my page.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

What to work on next...


Future Letters is off and running.  It's on my CreateSpace page, and now on Amazon as both paperback and Kindle version.  It's been published, copies are being made and shipped as I type this.  There's nothing more to proof/edit/tweak on it (well, I should say I can't since it's out in the world now.).  I've been working on it for so long - it feels weird not to still be playing with it.

I need "a next".  I need something to work on.  I have three works in progress - one needs to simmer a bit more which automatically puts one of the others on hold (they aren't technically a series but they do tie together.)  So that leaves the first book I started on almost two years ago... if I go with something I've already been working on.

Or I can go with my newest idea.  There's a lot of note taking and outlining to do and I'm still trying to figure out some of the basic details.  They way I picture it written is very complex and in addition to each character having a voice, I need to find a way to sound like different authors.  I know that makes no sense right now.  Maybe that's why I'm not working on it yet.  The pieces haven't fallen into place enough.

So that takes me back to my two year old project.  So next week I return to Peapod.  Hopefully, someday that will mean something to everyone. ;o)

As for other things that need to be done...
I need to get a picture taken of myself - not camping and wearing a ball cap, not tear stained from crying at a graduation, not something taken three years ago.  Something on my own, and maybe some with the pup.  I've been asked if her picture is on the Future Letters cover.  Her picture is here.  It's on facebook and twitter.  Maybe something with me and her together wouldn't be a bad idea.  

My husband's idea - something with my hair all fluffy and a nice shirt.  I'm not sure what that means.  Unless it means no ponytail and something besides a tee-shirt. 

So focus on updating and restarting Peapod and trying to get a picture taken.  

Okay, I can do that.

Oh and stop checking CreateSpace to see how many books have sold and wonder who bought that fourth book. (I know who bought 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 were.)  ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment