Welcome!

Welcome to my page.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Books BEG to be read

I just got back from the library.  Dropped off two books (The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger), picked up two more (The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield and Kingdom Keepers II - Disney at Dawn by Ridley Pearson).  Obviously, I'm fine in the finding something to read department.
But...
The printed copy of Future Letters were delivered yesterday.  I wrote this book.  I've read it a gazillion times - on the computer and printed on paper, know the story by heart, know what parts will make me laugh and which ones will make me cry.   But unlike say, Silver On The Tree by Susan Cooper (The Dark is Rising Sequence are my go to books when I haven't decided what to read next, or I finished my book and the library's closed), I know every back story of Future Letters.  Where in my mind the characters and their histories came from, where each part of the story was brought to life and why.  During my last proof, I told my husband that that would be the last read, that I couldn't keep reliving the story anymore.
So, why do I have this urge to read Future Letters?  I hold the books in my hand and I have to stop myself from opening them, plopping down on the couch with Laura-Glue in my lap and reading them.
I have two other books to read.  Two books I've never read before.  I don't need to read the one that I wrote. 
But the books in that box are telling me that I do. 
So, I guess my "Currently Reading List" is:
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Kingdom Keepers II - Disney at Dawn by Ridley Pearson
Future Letters by H.R. Willaston

No comments:

Post a Comment